Start Date: February 6, 2023 (Full Time)
Location: Toronto (Remote)
*Please note that in-person attendance will be required on-site during Festival operating hours (June 22 - July 3, 2023) in addition to routine team working sessions.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning, executing, analyzing, managing and reporting on multi-platform campaigns promoting ticketed concerts and festival events. You will be our advertising expert and will have your finger on the pulse with social media trends. Experience marketing to diverse communities especially through a pop culture lens is an asset.
TORONTO JAZZ FEST:
For the past 35 years, Toronto Jazz has presented some of the biggest artists – not only in jazz, but across the music industry. From The Roots, Janelle Monae, Diana Krall, Oscar Peterson, Aretha Franklin, De La Soul, to Tony Bennett we have done it all. Every year, Jazz Fest attracts over half a million people and we continue to see growth by evolving and staying connected to trends in music. In more recent years, our focus has been to broaden our audiences and expand into jazz related music such as hip-hop, R&B, funk, DJ’s, and soul. This expansion has set the foundation for our next generation of loyal Jazz Fest patrons and we’re excited to announce what’s coming up for 2023!
WHO YOU ARE:
You have a strong passion for live music, festivals, and creative marketing. You are confident and experienced in building marketing and branding strategies that drive audience engagement and attendance. You are connected to pop culture and have a strong understanding of the local market and how to effectively manage ad spends. You are excited to be an ambassador for one of Toronto’s biggest music festivals!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development and execution of marketing and promotional plans. Collaborates with Marketing & Artistic Directors to plan and oversee the marketing spends and timelines with the goal of exceeding monthly engagements and sales targets.
- Create and execute social media campaigns for events. Develop ad copy, create ad plans to appeal to specific demographics, and when required, use Photoshop to assist with content creation and collaborate with an ad agency to maximize impression rates.
- Identify new advertising opportunities and collaborations to drive brand awareness and ticket sales. Pitch promotions to media outlets and negotiate rates and contracts from radio, print, to digital placements.
- Communicate needs and timelines to our creative agencies and ensure all promotional assets are sized and branded appropriately for multi-platform campaigns. Manage website updates and content uploads.
- Responsible for reporting post show marketing analytics on all Artist and Brand Partner campaigns to establish a base for key learnings, drive future campaigns and demonstrate ROI.
- Develop and manage email marketing campaigns within MailChimp, showing an understanding for optimization and experience reporting and analyzing data.
- Work with the Marketing Director to coordinate festival signage needs ensuring sponsored marketing requirements and print deadlines are met.
- Manage delivery of sponsored content and logo inclusions including planning, execution, measurement, and reporting and proactively resolve any challenges with asset delivery.
- Prepare advertising settlements for each campaign and show settlement as needed. Track ticket sales trends against ad spends to present forecasts as required.
- Be the voice of Toronto Jazz across social media platforms, ensuring the brand needs are met, we are speaking to and engaging with our audience regularly, and customer service needs are being met.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the ins-and-outs of marketing platforms, staying on top of trends, new features, and shifts in algorithms to allow Toronto Jazz to maintain a competitive edge.
- Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities. Assist with PR duties as needed.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years of related marketing experience.
- Process oriented with strong organizational skills.
- 2-4 years experience in digital campaign management on channels including Instagram /Meta Ads, Google Ads, email marketing and content writing.
- An eye for detail and experience growing the following and engagement for a brand’s social media accounts.
- Thorough knowledge of the Canadian music industry and international music festival landscape is considered an asset.
- Experience building multi-platform marketing plans from the ground-up with measurable success.
- Deep knowledge of the analytics available on all social platforms and the ability to pull actionable insights out of the data.
- History of marketing to Millennial and Gen Z audiences.
- Strong connections to media, tastemakers, influencers, and all digital spaces where fans of Jazz Fest programming can be found are considered an asset.
- Experience within the ticketed event space preferred.
- Basic working knowledge (ability to learn quickly) of Wordpress, Google Docs, Mailchimp, Instagram Ads, Google Analytics, and Photoshop considered a strong asset.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work remote/virtually.
- High competency in project management
Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000
*Actual salary based on experience and subject to change.
Please apply before January 20, 2023
Full Details Posted: https://torontojazz.com/careers/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected will be contacted.