Job Posted to WIMC
Rainbow Songs Foundation - Foundation Manager
Application Deadline: 04 August 2023
Rainbow Songs Foundation (RSF) is thrilled to welcome applications for the role of Foundation Manager. The Foundation Manager works closely with the RSF Board of Directors in executing all programming, fundraising and communications responsibilities. The Foundation Manager supports the RSF Board of Directors in conceptualizing and implementing its strategic plans, participates in all Board of Directors committees, and supervises RSF instructors and other contract staff as needed.
(1) Program Administration
- Work directly with different shelter stakeholders throughout the GTA to facilitate all RSF programming:
- Conduct outreach to various shelters across the GTA to determine RSF program interest.
- Coordinate program delivery logistics for all participating shelters, including instructor contracting and scheduling, musical instrument delivery/pickup and issue management.
- Act as main point of contact for all RSF instructors:
- Oversee scheduling and contracts for all RSF instructors.
- Facilitate invoicing for instructors.
- Participate in RSF Board of Directors Programming Committee
- In conjunction with the Programming Committee Chair from the RSF Board, oversee the activities of the committee, including the preparation meeting agendas, budgets, and plans for new programming initiatives.
(2) Fundraising & Communications
- In conjunction with the RSF Board of Directors Fundraising & Communication Committee, the Foundation Director will spearhead the development of an annual fundraising strategy. This includes:
- Preparation & submission of grant applications.
- Stewardship of existing donors.
- Identification of new revenue opportunities (foundations, corporate partnerships, public campaigns, third party fundraising).
- Preparation of donor reports and completion of other donor requirements.
- Collaborate with board members to ensure RSF maintains presence on social media as needed.
(3) Organizational Administration & Planning
- Support Board Chair with preparation of annual strategic planning process.
- Support Board Chair with duties associated with the recruitment of new Board members, instructors and contract positions as needed.
- Work with each RSF Board of Directors committee to develop an annual organizational budget for Board approval.
SKILLS, QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE
- Postsecondary education (degree, diploma or certificate) in a related field is required.
- 3-4 years of professional experience relating to some of the job responsibilities listed above, particularly in the areas of program coordination and fundraising.
- Exceptional project management skills and a meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills.
- An evidenced track record of prioritizing equity, diversity and inclusion in professional contexts.
- Experience in the charitable/ not-for-profit sector is an asset.
- Experience implementing fundraising strategies is an asset.
- Experience working with underrepresented and high-needs communities is an asset.
- Experience with early childhood education and/or music education is an asset.
- A love of music, as a creator or appreciator.
- Given the remote nature of the role, this successful candidate must be self-motivated, diligently communicative, and comfortable working independently.
HOW TO APPLY