Job Posted to WIMC
Canada's Walk of Fame - Marketing Associate
Application Deadline: 14 August 2023
About Canada’s Walk of Fame
Canada’s Walk of Fame is a national not-for-profit organization that inspires all Canadians by proudly shining a light on extraordinary Canadian achievers and their successes. We engage ambitious young Canadians with opportunities to realize their potential for success and to make a positive difference in their community, across the country, and around the world. We recognize the significant impact of Canadian accomplishments and provide the foremost national platform to celebrate Canadian achievement.
- Provide marketing support to the Director of Marketing.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategic marketing initiatives aligned with Canada’s Walk of Fame’s organizational goals.
- Support the creation and curation of event signage and content across various marketing channels for Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- Help maintain brand integrity and ensure consistent messaging across all marketing materials.
- Maintenance and creation of media archives, marketing databases, and additional asset libraries for Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of marketing campaigns and events for Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- Assist in creating engaging and compelling content (video and graphics) for various marketing and communication channels of Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- Assist in signage for various Canada’s Walk of Fame events.
- Collaborate with designers, copywriters, and external vendors to develop visually appealing and impactful marketing assets for Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- Ensure all content meets Canada’s Walk of Fame’s brand guidelines and resonates with the target audience.
- Contribute to the management and organization of content libraries and asset databases for Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- Assist in editing communications materials, including press releases, and blog posts for Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- Help manage media relations and coordinate with PR agencies for publicity opportunities related to Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- Support Canada’s Walk of Fame’s presence on social media platforms and assist in engaging with the online community.
- Assist in developing internal communications materials to ensure consistent messaging within Canada’s Walk of Fame.
Capability Requirements – education, skills & experience
● Post-secondary education in marketing or other related field
● A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a marketing related role
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for creating and editing marketing materials, and presentations, and analyzing data.
● Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) to design and create visually appealing marketing collateral, such as brochures, flyers, and banners.
● Proficiency in Canva, a popular graphic design platform, to create visually appealing marketing materials, social media graphics, and presentations.
● Proficiency in content management systems (CMS) like WordPress to update and maintain the company website.
● Knowledge of video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro to create and edit promotional videos for marketing campaigns.
● Highly detail-oriented
● Has a demonstrated ability to organize a high volume of tasks in a fast-paced environment
● Professional demeanour both in dealing with internal teams and external parties
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Canada’s Walk of Fame is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their citizenship, race, place of origin, ethnic origin, colour, ancestry, disability, age, creed, sex/pregnancy, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other protected ground under Human Rights.
If you require any accommodation during the application or interview process, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.