Job Posted to WIMC
Marketing Associate - Six Shooter Records
Application Deadline: 17 August 2023
Founded in 2000, Six Shooter is a full-service music company with label, publishing and artist management divisions. Home to multiple JUNO-award winners and globally celebrated artists for more than 20 years, Six Shooter pushes the boundaries of art and innovation with a critically acclaimed roster that defies classification. Our mission is to achieve the highest level of artistic excellence by delivering inspired marketing campaigns and rock-solid business services that will connect our artists with audiences around the world. Our close-knit, dynamic and passionate team is based primarily at our stunning multi-purpose office in Toronto. We believe in excellence, leadership, integrity, respect, creativity, passion, positivity, collaboration and community.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT PERSON? APPLY IF:
- You’re extroverted and enjoy going to events and shows.
- Your phone is attached to your hand - you’re the friend always taking photos and videos.
- You’re the leader of your friend group.
- You’re creative and tech-savvy, resourceful is your middle name.
- You take pride in being organized and timely.
- Assist in building and executing strategy and development of marketing plans for priority label projects. This includes: developing and executing contesting and promotions, coordinating and managing influencer marketing, executing social media content strategies etc.
- Curate and execute consistent, meaningful and original content on all social media platforms for both the company and the artists. This includes writing social media copy and formatting existing graphics and video creative into various formats for digital and print campaigns. This also includes creating, editing, and enhancing short-form videos for TikTok, Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts.
- Execute the critical paths for pre-release and day-of-release as indicated by the Director of Digital Marketing and Strategy.
- Consistently stay up to date and report best practices and emerging trends in social media and marketing; apply findings to ongoing campaigns as well as artist and company accounts.
- Execute community engagement on artist and company socials (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, Discord, NetEase, etc.). This includes communicating with social media followers via direct messages, responding to comments/retweets in a timely manner.
- Update and manage Six Shooter Record’s online properties as requested. This includes: curating and sharing Spotify playlists, refreshing Spotify Six Shooter Essentials playlist during releases, updating Six Shooter Records news section and artists websites, as well as writing, assembling and sending out company newsletters as needed.
- Scrape and gather analytics from social media platforms, websites and marketing initiatives for reporting purposes.
- Assist in developing and executing indie retail campaigns on a global scale to drive physical sales. Research and nurture relationships with indie retailers in Canada, the USA, and abroad. Spearhead promotional initiatives, poster mail outs, store-based campaigns etc as part of new album marketing release plans and touring marketing. Coordinate with Operations department to ensure retail partners are receiving stock in line with these initiatives and that Six Shooter releases are a priority for indie retailers
- Assist with grant applications and completions for both the label and management clients as requested. Including but not limited to proofing copy, gathering marketing material examples, and collaborating on marketing development plans.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience related to marketing for 2+ years
- Proficiency with top social media platforms (e.g, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Video editing and graphic design (AfterEffects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro…)
- Excellent creative copywriting skills
- Resourceful team player, a self-starter and risk-taker
- Passionate about music, social media and content creation
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize, while staying ahead of deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, willing to pitch in whenever needed
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Optimistic with positive energy and outlook
Position: Marketing Associate
Reporting to: Director of Digital Strategy & Marketing
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Location: Toronto-based exclusively. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday mandatory in-office days.
Compensation: Annual salary range from $45,000-$55,000 to be determined commensurate with experience, and health benefits
Application Deadline: Friday August 18, 2023
Start Date: Monday September 11, 2023
No phone calls please.
We invite applications from all qualified candidates, especially from people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, differently abled, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act for applicants invited to an interview.
SIX SHOOTER MEET & GREET
Marketing and Artist Management professionals are invited to meet the Six Shooter team face-to-face to learn more about our company and see if we're the right fit for your next career move.
Wednesday August 16, 2023
Please note our office is located on the second floor, accessible by a flight of stairs with a railing. Complete address information to be provided upon RSVP.