Job Posted to WIMC
Job Description - Producer, Live Music, CBC Music (English Services) (TOR09209) Producer, Live Music, CBC Music (English Services)
Application Deadline: 14 August 2023
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Please note: This role is a permanent position based in Toronto and will require working evenings and weekends. There is a requirement to be in the office three days a week, plus evenings and weekends as per production needs.
CBC/Radio-Canada firmly believes in the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for people living with all types of visible and invisible disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to accessibility.
We are dedicated to working closely with you throughout the recruitment process to address any individual needs or concerns you may have. We will ensure that you are provided with the necessary support and accommodations to enable you to perform at your best.
CBC Music is looking for a producer to work on our live music programs, including The Intro, CBC Music Live, The Juno Awards, music festivals, and more. If you’re highly organized and an excellent communicator who is passionate about sharing Canadian music and the live music experience with Canadians, then this could be the ideal job for you.
In this role, you will pitch, plan and organize audio and video recordings of multiple genres of music in both live venue and studio settings for broadcast on CBC-branded platforms.
Reporting to the Senior Producer of Live Music and Events for CBC Music, and working with audio and video colleagues from multiple program areas, you will oversee the creation of audio and video content at the highest standards. Work must adhere to CBC journalistic and/or program policies, standards and practices.
- Pitch, develop, and produce live music session/event ideas and concepts in accordance with departmental priorities.
- Plan and manage financial and production/resource requirements including the creative contributors and other participants, including the materials and the facilities.
- Coordinate all session/event music rights clearances.
- Communicate with artists’ management and publicists.
- Direct hosts and/or talent, including providing feedback on presentation and/or performance.
- Assign, coordinate, and/or supervise technical, musical, visual, and additional guidance to other personnel on assigned sessions/events. Consult with other team members involved in the session/event to ensure optimal audio and video results, including creative and technical quality.
- Provide feedback throughout the post-production process.
- Execute a release plan for all platforms, including overseeing the creation of a blog post and digital social content.
- In collaboration with editors, optimize all video content for YouTube and social platforms.
- Look for opportunities to collaborate with various internal and external partners.
- Attend all necessary program and planning meetings, including site surveys.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
You are responsible for providing an updated resumé and highlighting the qualifications and skills required for this position.
At the CBC, we recognize that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. We value diversity of thought and experience, and we are excited to hear from you. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, and a passion for music can combine to form the best set of qualifications.If you feel you meet most of the qualifications and you are excited by the possibility of adding to the rich culture of the CBC, take a chance and express your interest by applying now.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Five years of experience of which three should involve work in live music, events, or a closely related industry, which is directly related to the area of assignment
- Highly developed production skills, including strong ability to produce a variety of program formats and experience in field production
- An understanding of the technical aspects of audio and video production
- Advanced storytelling skills, with an ability to evaluate and provide feedback through the post-production process
- Experience with script writing and conducting interviews
- Knowledge of best practices in digital and social media, specifically YouTube optimization and audience growth
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, and connections to underrepresented communities
- A commitment to working collaboratively
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing a team, while fostering an inclusive work environment that values and respects diversity
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with an ability to plan and prioritize a number of simultaneous projects
- A track record of completing assignments independently and on time
- Ability to confidently make strategic judgments rapidly and frequently, often under deadline
- Excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- A solid understanding of the Canadian music industry with a focus on emerging artists and genres
- A strong range of musical knowledge, including expertise in Hip Hop, R&B, Pop as well as current Canadian music.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.