As Monstercat’s Radio & Promo Manager, you’ll forge a path for Monstercat’s dance-leaning records to dominate the airwaves globally. In this newly created role, your strong connections with MDs and PDs in North America and major territories abroad will be instrumental in achieving chart positions and promotional looks for artists. You are a master networker and quick-thinking negotiator who can instinctually recognize opportunities for music and artist discovery.
This role reports to the Head of Communications and will work closely with the A&R, Streaming, and Music Marketing teams, as well as artist camps, to amplify the hits.
What You’ll Do…
- Craft and distribute promotional materials for upcoming music releases, including fact sheets, performance updates, and release developments.
- Check in weekly (and sometimes daily) with station PDs and MDs to communicate label priorities and drive improved chart performance.
- Check in with key mixshow hosts, programmers, and DJ’s to communicate label priorities, overarching projects and long term artist projects amongst the roster
- Maintain an active and productive dialogue with station PDs and MDs surrounding growing trends, station analysis, and beyond.
- Manage a rolling calendar of relevant dates and events for Monstercat to maintain a presence within, including festivals and conferences.
- Maintain a steady dialogue with Radio stakeholders (PDs, MDs, Mixshow Hosts/ DJs, etc) to convey Monstercat’s growing and evolving vision for the future.
- Liaise with Project Managers, A&Rs, and artist management teams to align on a narrative pre-release, deliver wins post-release, and analyze overall performance via Airtable.
- Reflexively spot opportunities where Monstercat (brand, artists) can broaden their discovery by monitoring trends, channel needs, and industry happenings.
- Create and implement promotional tours and live performances/sessions and interviews around priority releases.
- Manage Monstercat’s annual promotional budget, expenses, newsletter updates, meeting schedules, and Asana projects when necessary.
- Maintain professionalism with artists and their teams, both across work communications, on social media, and at events.
- Act as a Monstercat representative and artist liaison when attending promo trips, networking events, live shows, festivals, office gatherings, and conferences.
- Distribute weekly success reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- 3-5 years experience working within the Electronic radio industry
- Deep passion for dance music
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally with no restrictions
- Excellent communication skills a must, with demonstrated ability to pitch records based on their format
- A mature and growing network of contacts and relationships in the promo space
- Ability to track and evaluate airplay success using relevant metrics; and utilize said metrics in further pitching
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to multi-task multiple campaigns each month
- Ability to provide confident and expert feedback of what is working in the Dance radio space internally.
- Ideally based in LA or NY; willing to travel
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
Why join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
- Work a flexible work week both in a Hybrid work environment. Candidates living in Vancouver or Los Angeles can choose to work from our offices in these locations. We offer a weekly stocked kitchen, dog-friendly offices, and regular company events (in-person and digital).
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
How to Apply…
On our Monstercat careers website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.